coLABS Global Investments
ARED - Uganda
ARED uses a micro-franchise model that focuses on women and disabled individuals to provide Wi-Fi, mobile phone charging services, and intranet content via solar-powered kiosks. ARED launched in January 2013 in Rwanda and is using coLABS funding for its first international expansion into Uganda to market test its newest kiosk model, the Shiriki Hub.
- Featured in R4D's Center for Education Innovation
- "Mobile power to bring Rwanda's remote regions into the future" Deutsche Welle
- Video - How ARED kiosks work
- "The solar-powered cart that can charge 80 cell phones at once" CNN, August 2016
doctHERs - Pakistan
doctHERs is a Pakistani digital health and telemedicine company that connects a network of home-based female doctors—who are unable to access the workplace—to healthcare consumers—who lack access to quality, affordable healthcare–via technology. In February 2017, doctHERs pivoted after 18 months of a community-based clinical model to focus on underserved stakeholders in corporate value chains to achieve more scale and financial sustainability. doctHERs is using coLABS funding to test this new corporate model. On the supply side, it is reintegrating women healthcare professionals into the workforce. On the demand side, it engaging workers and families within corporate value chains with a special focus on health and wellness for women and girls.
- Recognized by McKinsey as one of 4 global awardees at the World Health Assembly's Geneva Health Forum
- Recognized by Fast Company as a 2017 World Changing Innovation
- Featured as a chapter in the book, Entrepreneuring Pakistan by Azhar Rizvi (Vice-Chair, MIT Enterprise Forum; doctHERs IT Strategic Advisor)
- Selected for GE Innovation Center July 2017 healthcare accelerator in Johannesburg, South Africa
IssueVoter - U.S.A.
IssueVoter is a non-partisan platform that gives its users a voice in Washington by making civic engagement accessible, efficient, and impactful. IssueVoter keeps users informed year-round by alerting them before Congress votes on key issues that they care about, sending their opinions directly to representatives with one click, and holding politicians accountable by tracking how they vote so that users can make informed decisions at election time. IssueVoter is passionate about promoting civic engagement among underrepresented women and is using coLABS funding to enhance their platform offerings, reach more citizens, and pilot a corporate engagement model.
- Recipient of inaugural 2018 cohort of Roddenberry Fellows
- "Taking the Leap" Project Entrepreneur
- Featured on Cheddar TV, July 2017
- Spoke at the Anita Borg Institute 2nd Annual Women's Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Speaking at the 2017 Social Innovation Summit in Chicago
- Accepted into Fast Forward Accelerator and mentioned in TechCrunch June 2017 article regarding the program
- PBS Video Interview for SciTech Now, February 2017
- Judge for Startup Weekend Social Impact New York, June 2017
LikeU - Colombia
LikeU is revolutionizing livelihood opportunities in Latin America, particularly for women and persons with disabilities, by offering online training, skills certifications, and well-paid salaries through part-time telecommuting jobs. Telecommuting creates more flexible positions for women who need to balance domestic responsibilities with the need to contribute to their household income. The company brings greater efficiency to corporate clients since recruits have already been vetted and trained in specific services or products, making the hiring process three times faster. The investment from coLABS seeks to promote LikeU’s growth by allowing the company to boost its corporate partnerships and improve its online platform to automate the entire recruitment process.
- Press Release, August 2017
- Portafolio, December 2016 (in Spanish)
- "LikeU allows you to be a call center agent anywhere in the world" Pulso Social
- "Teleworking, a real option for SMEs" Sempli
- "How to work in a call center in another country and make good money!" Economy, October 2016
- Noticias Tecnologia, October 2016 (in Spanish)
- "The Customer Service Revolution and Happy Employees" Distrito de Innovacion Medellin, August 2016
- "LikeU, the company that makes call center people happy" Cromos, October 2016
- Blu Radio Interview, August 2016 (in Spanish)